Tuesday 5 March 2013

Google MAP API

I was looking for google map solution It has been available to public for ages
already. But, I believed you wouldn’t dive in until you really want to use
it. So, I started with Google static map first. The static map looks good and
easy to configure and use. As long as you know what parameters mean, then you
can produce a static map that meet your requirement. But the only drawback was
no navigator control on the map. Meaning that, you cannot zoom in and out or
place an orange human for street view, etc. Correct me if I am wrong.

As mentioned, this is a static map. So, it is just a graphic.
When you right click it, you can save the whole image as a picture or image.

To me, the easiest way to cope up and understand the effect
of each parameter is to get your hands dirty. I tried copying one of the examples
(URL) from the maps.googleapis.com. And, I’ve made some changes to the query
string with the given parameters.

Example:
http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/staticmap?size=512×512&maptype=roadmap\&markers=size:mid|color:red|Singapore,Singapore|London,UK|Kajang,Malaysia|Canada&sensor=true

Discover what you can do with Google Maps APIs here:
https://developers.google.com/maps/


As a result after a quick
investigation on Google static map, I think I need something more dynamic. So,
I decided to explore the more advance map api which is the Google’s Javascript
Maps V3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to run unit test for your Xamarin Application in AppCenter?

How to run unit test for your Xamarin application in AppCenter?  When we talk about Building and Distributing your Xamarin app, you m...